Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace PCI-6220 with PCIe-6320?

Solved!
Go to solution

New to the forum, so bear with me if I'm in the wrong spot.

I have a system using a PCI-6220 board, and I am considering upgrading the computer being used. If I decide to do so, then I would like to upgrade the board as well. According to the NI product information, the PCI-6220 can be replaced with the PCIe-6320. I am concerned about the mapping of the I/O on the board though, and was wondering if anyone else has had experience with this. I need to know if I would have to change the LabView code to accommodate the new board, or if it would be a drop-in replacement that will just work.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,314 Views)

Dig through the specification documents (6220, 6320).  You will see that the pinouts are exactly the same.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(4,312 Views)

Thank you, crossrulz, for the response. I looked into the data sheets as you suggested and found what I was looking for. The part number for the board turned out to be PCI-6221 and the replacement PCIe-6321 has the same pinout. This board is connected to a SC-2345 Signal Conditioning Connector Block. Since the pinouts for the two boards are the same, do you expect there to be any issues with the interaction with the SC-2345?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,285 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WisDave

@WisDave wrote:

Since the pinouts for the two boards are the same, do you expect there to be any issues with the interaction with the SC-2345?

Not at all.  NI tends to keep things mostly the same between boards so that they can reuse connector blocks.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 5
(4,282 Views)

Hope you can help.  I made the same replacement when a new computer had the PCIe slots.  My problem is NI MAX recognizes the PCIe6320 card but when I create the SC-2345 front end, it populates into the Devices and Interfaces with a '0:' in front of the name and when I go to test it in NI MAX, I get a commuications error.  I know that additional '0:' in front of 'NI SC-2345 "SCC1"' must mean something, but there is no where in the literature that addresses it.

I have repeatedly checked the configuration of the SC-2345.

Cable is black and on the side

Digitizer is PCIe 6320

Power is PWR2, since NI configured it with a Universal Power Supply

The box has 6 ACC01 modules and one AI01 module

There are no outputs since this is a 6320 card.  The replaced card was a 6221, but again, there were no outputs.

This is terribly frustrating and NI will not help without a contract for technical support.

Regards,

Ron

rbrook@ips.us

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,867 Views)