Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding USB-6218 & USB-6210

Hello :

I have USB6218 & 6210 DAQ cards for my test stand data logging & control application.In this what do u mean by two 80 Mhz counters/timers also four USB signal streams,Protected digital lines,digital debounce filters for control application & how I can execute multiple control loop with a single device.I am not familiar with above mention features So kindly tell each function so that I can max utilize this daq.

Also is it ok to configure the daq with RSE so that I can utilize max no of channels.

Regards
 Nitin Badgujar.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,769 Views)
Hi Nitin,

The two 80Mhz counters accept TTL logic as input. They can take any timing measurements for your signals such as frequency, period, semi-period and two edge seperation. They can also output very accurate digital pulse train signals.

The digital input pins are protected upto +-20V input and if you apply any voltage higher than that voltage, it may cause the board to malfunction or require repair.

The debounce filters will ignore any extra trigger you may get from an external trigger source due to bounce. There are different setting you can apply for them so that they will ignore extra triggers for variable amounts of time.

You will able to implement a control loop but you will have to do so in LabVIEW. This is a more open ended question and requires more details into you application. Many times a software controlled loop is not sufficient due to the lack of deterministic response and you may want to (depending on your applications) switch to a real-time embedded system such as a cRIO instead. If you can provide more details on your specific application I can recommend whether or not this board will be able to do multiple control loops.

You can use RSE as long as all your input signals share a common ground. The RSE mode routes all ground from all input signal to the one pin and if you have input signals at different common mode voltage levels, this can cause a ground loop.

Please let me know if this answers your questions.

Abhinav T.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments India

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Getting Started with NI-DAQmx
Measurement Fundamentals
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,745 Views)