Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ref. Single Ended cable connection without virtual channel, read correct values?

Is it possible to have a (6025e) Ref Single Ended cable connection AND without having a virtual channel declared, read back correct values?

Example 1.
When the cables are connected in mode Ref Single Ended...(talking about a basic power supply) power from supply to ACH0 and Ground from supply to AIGND ***AND*** without a virtual channel, the data read back is wrong.

Example 2.
When the cables are connected in mode Differential...(still talking about a basic power supply) power from supply to ACH0 and Ground from supply to ACH08 ***AND*** without a virtual channel, the data read back is correct.

What is important to me, at this stage of the game, is to have a Ref Single Ended cable connection like Example 1...(because you can connect more external devices to your card this way) ***AND*** without having a virtual channel declared, read back correct values.

Is that possible?

If so how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For more information regarding this problem, please refer to the following link

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&message.id=19004&view=by_date_ascending&page=2
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,956 Views)
I don't really understand the motivation for starting a new thread when it is just a repost of a post in your original thread.  Especially when you just relink this thread back to the original thread and Dennis is still trying to help you out on this exact issue.
I would suggest that the discussion of this issue stay on the original thread, though I don't have the authority or power to force people to not post here.

Message Edited by e-Cash-Money on 02-03-2006 12:49 PM

Eric
DE For Life!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,944 Views)

My intent was to get a Labview Engineer involved.

I was not sure if Denis is an Engineer with Labview.

Denis seems very bright and is very helpful, but like I said, my intent was to get a Labview Engineer involved.

As for you e-Cash-Money, I don't really understand the motivation for replying to a thread when you having nothing of interest to add.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,934 Views)

BTW,

Thanks to everyone for all their help, but I managed to find a way to solve my problem!
Consider this case closed!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,934 Views)

What was the solution? If you post the solution in the other thread, other people sho might have the same problem would find it useful.

BTW, I am not an NI employee. User names in blue signify NI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,927 Views)

Well, I'm not sure that other people will find my solution useful. Seeing how this specific code had already been designed with Ref. Single Ended, I wanted to make the least amount of modifications possible. I did not want to change the old code drastically and use differential mode, because that would have been a big job to rewire the temperature cyclers here and especially abroad where we have no control over working conditions.

The main problem was the fact that the Virtual Channels sometimes disappeared from MAX. 
The old Engineer who designed this code was recently laid off, and his previous tasks have now fallen on my shoulders. I personally would have hard coded this type of data from the get go. So, I finally decided that it would be most efficient for me, to save the MAX configuration settings onto the network, where they could be accessed by all the cycles everywhere (since they are all exactly the same). I thought I needed to download MAX 4.0 in order to do this (Export / Import), but it turns out that Ver 2.2 can do the same job with "save configuration as".

As a matter of fact, I just came back from the production floor, where one of our cycles had just lost its "Device and Interface settings". I simply recalled the back up configuration I had just made and the system came back on line. It only took me 2 minutes to breathe life back into the system, where it had previously taken my co-workers hours to re-enter all the data. 
I hope this helps others, but I don't think it will.

It helped me, on this task, and that's what is important. 

Good Luck to all and a special thanks to you Dennis!

Take care and stay cool. Get it? Stay cool? Temperature cycler???? heh heh

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,923 Views)