From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading from a USB DAQ wirelessly

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I wanted to make sure.

I'm using two USB DAQ's: USB-6255 and USB-6002

I want to know if it's possible to access them wirelessly (short range is OK).  I'm only polling them at 1 Hz.

I'm hoping bluetooth or WiFi.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,461 Views)

Hi Joe,

With the USB-6255 or USB-6002 you will not be able be able to access them over a wireless network because neither of them have any way of being addressed by a network. 

That being said, NI does offer wireless solutions that should be able to achieve most of the same functionality of your USB devices with the additional function of being wireless. I have included the link below to our wireless devices so that you can take a look at our options. 

NI Wireless Options: http://www.ni.com/wireless/

Let us know if you have any questions or feel free to reach out to one of our sales engineers to get more information about any of our wireless options.

Regards,

Conrad 

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,372 Views)

With the USB-6255 or USB-6002 you will not be able be able to access them over a wireless network because neither of them have any way of being addressed by a network. 

OK, so I guess I can't add some kind of wireless USB adapter of some kind and access it that way?  Just wondering if anyone has tried to "McGyver" there way to wireless readings.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,357 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JoeKellyATI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,347 Views)