From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read power levels of external power supply to 9411 card

My environment:

9174 DAQ

9411 module with external power supply  

5V encoder powered through the card output

Python using nidaqmx

I can read pulse changes from the encoder just fine.

My question here is if I am able to monitor the input power to the card that is then supplying it to the encoder or if I should (or can) read the power level on the output pin on the card.

Thanks,

-Evan-

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(695 Views)

If you mean the power supply at VSUP terminal of 9411 - not by itself, you can feed this into analog input of another c-series module to monitor.

9411 does not have the means to measure/monitor the VSUP terminal.

santo_13_0-1675193748089.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(682 Views)

Indeed, that is what I meant -- perhaps I can read the value of output pin that supplies the power to the encoder?

Thanks,

-Evan-

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(670 Views)

You can do either way, monitor the 5V pin or the raw VSUP pin.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(667 Views)