From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DIGITAL LOW OUTPUT FROM DAQ 6009

Hi

Sorry to ask but I find it hard to ask a question in here, as i cant really see where i should post it. That is, there is no post menu;only the search menu. How did you post yours? Anyone can help. Thanx

Regards

ksm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,971 Views)

Well here is my quiestion:

I am having trouble with measuring the current from the a simple Risistor-Inductor circuit(RL) using NI 6366 USB. I first did a high frequency(around 10-25 KHz) sinosoidal signal injection into this circuit and I wanted to get the voltage and current response from it,into the daq. I am able to get only voltage. I tried using shunt resistor method of measuring current but what i get is a signal which is in phase with the voltage. Given that there is inductance in the circuit, i was execting a phase lag of around 90 degrees. i tested this with different arragement of : inductor-resitor,or RLC,or resitor only and the 'current' sigal does not change. hence why i conclude that that is a  wrong signal.

regards

kms

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,970 Views)

Does anyone have a link to the getting started on the forms manual for the noob I'm mobile right now and winking doesn't work that's linking

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,961 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Does anyone have a link to the getting started on the forms manual for the noob I'm mobile right now and winking doesn't work that's linking

Getting Started on the NI Discussion Forums

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,953 Views)

@k.s.m wrote:

I am having trouble with measuring the current from the a simple Risistor-Inductor circuit(RL) using NI 6366 USB. I first did a high frequency(around 10-25 KHz) sinosoidal signal injection into this circuit and I wanted to get the voltage and current response from it,into the daq. I am able to get only voltage. I tried using shunt resistor method of measuring current but what i get is a signal which is in phase with the voltage. Given that there is inductance in the circuit, i was execting a phase lag of around 90 degrees. i tested this with different arragement of : inductor-resitor,or RLC,or resitor only and the 'current' sigal does not change. hence why i conclude that that is a  wrong signal.

Could you provide a circuit showing exactly how you have it wired up.  Also include where your DAQ connections are.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,951 Views)

Hi

I am reading voltage and and current signals from an external load into labview using NI 6366 USB. This data is contained in arrays and is of graphic nature. Is there a simple code that can help me take this data to excel.Thank you.

Regards

ksm

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,926 Views)