Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIO device (PCIe-7841R) as straight DAQ?

Solved!
Go to solution

It looks like this has basically been asked and answered but this is a slight variation: is it possible to use a PCIe-7841R with NI-DAQmx solely for analog input and output? Or will this device never, ever be visible to NI-DAQmx (as I suspect).

I have a C++/NI-DAQmx application, and I needed 8 inputs and 8 outputs; I stupidly used the parametric search, picked "At least 8" for each, and selected the first thing that shows. It appears this was a major mistake but I wanted to confirm before I send this back and use a chassis solution. Thanks in advance for any info!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,096 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author micahsimonsen

Nope, that card does not work with DAQmx.  It requires a LabVIEW FPGA to be deployed to it to be of any use.  Even then, the C++ interface is weird (from what I have seen).

I highly recommend giving your local NI rep a call and explain the situation.  They will likely find you a good replacement and swap it out for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(4,094 Views)

Thank you! I'll do just that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,088 Views)