Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about cDAQ-9185, OPC Server Communication and PLC Systems

Hello everyone,

A customer will have a hardware configuration below:

- 1 cDAQ 9185

- 3 x NI-9214

- 1 x NI-9215

The modules are going to be used with cDAQ Chassis for some temperature and voltage measurements.

I know that with these modules the driver NI-DAQmx is available.

They already have a PLC which is able to communicate via OPC.(The PLC model information is unavailable at the moment)

Under these circumstances, I'm researching on some questions but I couldn't find a definitive answer. The questions are:

1- Is it possible to read/write OPC data to PLC  only with these hardware/software configurations on a PC? Our contact said he was able to communicate with NI-FieldPoint some time ago. (No LabVIEW, only with NI-DAQmx driver and NI-MAX installed to the PC)

-http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3742/en/

-I've found the tutorial above but couldn't understand if it has the answer to my question or not.

2- If it is not possible, what are the base requirements in terms of hardware/software in order to communicate with a system composed of a PC+PLC+cDAQ configuration mentioned above on OPC?(Based on my research, LabVIEW, LabVIEW-DSC and NI-OPC Server combination seems enough but I want to be sure.)

- http://www.ni.com/tutorial/7450/en/

- I've found this tutorial already and I'm aware this can be done but I'm not sure about whether this setup can be used with cDAQ or not?

3-If it is possible, I wonder how the system can be implemented and are there any viable resources/tutorials in order to implement such system?

My knowledge about data acquisition devices with PLC's are limited at the moment thus any help is much appreciated. In addition to that, if is there any missing information that you require in order to answer the questions, just tell me and I'll try to find them.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,824 Views)