From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question to product notice: Can i update NI-DAQmx 8.6.0f12 to 8.6.1 safely?

Hello,

I read your product notice http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/90503C3649F0E1FA862573B50069D089 (Product Notice: Software Problem May Corrupt Configuration in MAX (NI-DAQmx)), but I'm not sure if the problem can be solved without high efforts regarding our scenario. I can't find clear answers to my question in this document.

On my system, NI-DAQmx 8.6.0f12 is currently installed. On this system, I created an installer with the LabVIEW application builder to install LabVIEW Runtime Engine 8.5 and NI-DAQmx 8.6.0f12 on about 100 target systems here in our company. Today, I ran the NI-DAQmx version detector on my system, which said that there were no problems detected.

Can we avoid getting into trouble if I uninstall 8.6.0f12 from my computer, install 8.6.1 and create a new installer for Runtime engine and DAQmx 8.6.1? Is it adequate to distribute and install this new installer to all of the about 100 systems for updating 8.6.0f12 to 8.6.1 or is it absolutely necessary to uninstall the 8.6.0f12 manually on each system first?

Can you tell me more?

Best regards,
Manuel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,518 Views)

Hi Manuel,

If your systems passed the version detector, then your systems should be not be affected by that notice. The corruption will only occur if DAQmx 8.6.f5 or DAQmx 8.6.f6 were present on your systems before you installed DAQmx 8.6.f12. The detector will confirm if this is the case, so you are safe. It is recommended to upgrade your systems to 8.6.1 and you can just install over 8.6.f12 without uninstalling first.

Hope this helps,

Andrew S.

MIO Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,501 Views)