Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on NI-DAQmx 7.4 fixes

Hi,

To save me some time, could someone please confirm whether the bug whereby DMA transfer is not supported on the PCI-MIO-16XE-50 has been fixed in DAQmx 7.4? Under 7.3.1 the transfer mode remains as interrupts even when DMA is requested - no error is reported but using performance monitor reveals the problem. NI have confirmed this as a bug at 7.3.1

Thanks

Jamie Fraser
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,343 Views)
Hi Jamie,

I've had a look around our internal database and in the readme files for both DAQ 7.3.1 and 7.4, but can't find any information on this bug, or whether it has been fixed. I have sent a quick e-mail over to the engineers in the states and hopefully they will have access to the information. I'll let you know as soon as I have further news.

Best regards,

Peter H.
Applications Engineer.
NIUK.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,324 Views)
You should now be able to use DMA with your PCI-MIO-16XE-50 with DAQmx 7.4.
Message 3 of 7
(3,325 Views)
Splendid!

And I can return the long term loan card to NI as well.

Thanks for the quick response.

Jamie Fraser
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,313 Views)
Speaking of NI-DAQ updates/fixes...

Every now and then someone from NI will make a remark in the forums about a DAQ feature that's recently been supported in, say, DAQmx 7.3.1 or something. Frequently, the feature is something that isn't even mentioned in the Readme file associated with that version of NI-DAQ.

The present Readme file seems more like a highlight reel -- not a bad thing, just not complete. I wouldn't ask to expand it but would rather have a separate file that gives a more exhaustive listing of changes & fixes. Or else make it available on the website from the download link page. I'm sure the some such set of requirements must exist for the internal developers...

Specific query re: DAQmx7.4 (can't presently test b/c lacking appropriate hw): is change detection supported for M-series digital input? One of the items mentions "enhanced digital support" but not whether it extends from the high-speed digital boards into the M-series boards.

-Kevin P.
CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,311 Views)
Please note that a PCI-MIO-16XE-50 must be revision E or later to support DMA.
--
Geoff Schmit
Huskie Robotics, FIRST Team 3061 Lead Mentor
http://team3061.org/
@team3061
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,300 Views)
I agree with you Kevin. It is one area where NI are lacking. No matter what one thinks of Microsoft, their KB etc. is second to none, NI need to move in the same direction.

Jamie Fraser
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,294 Views)