From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: Using NI-ELVIS and filter circuit to get frequency responce curve

Hi,
I m last year student learning LabVIEW 7 using NI-ELVIS. This is really great forum. Its my first post here.

I m trying to get frequency responce filter ciruit with the help of ELVIS unit. My VI will generate sine wave of a fix frequency and it will give to input of my filter and output responce will be displayed on my VI. but in this case i will only able to know weather my filter pass that freq or not.
I want the whole freq responce to be dispalyed. Now the Q is can i send different feq one by one using my VI? Lets say from 1 Hz to 10Khz. Can I get the frequency on blod plotter? Will my ELVIS work on that frequency? Can somebody help me to build VI or is there anything similer on this web?

Thanks and regards,
Anis
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,566 Views)
Hello,

I'm glad you like the forum...Below you will find the answers to your questions:

1. can i send different feq one by one using my VI? Lets say from 1 Hz to 10Khz.

Yes you can... you can either do this programatically or by using the function generator in your ELVIS. To do this programatically, look at the example called Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk found in the NI Example Finder. (go to LabVIEW=>Find Example=>Hardware Input and Ouput=>Analog Generation=>Voltage) To use the function generator availbale in your ELVIS, you can use the Function Generator option on the NI ELVIS Instrument Launcher.

Can I get the frequency on blod plotter?

Yes, you can use the waveform charts that we have available.

Will my ELVIS work on that frequency?

Yes, those freq can be obtained both via the func generator in ELVIS or LabIEW.

Can somebody help me to build VI or is there anything similer on this web?

Unfortunately we cannot build the VIs for you, but we can help you out if you have questions. We also have some Alliance members that can do the code for you, but with a charge involved. For more information about our Alliance Members, please go to http://digital.ni.com/productpages/nialliance.nsf/main?readform.

Hope this helps,

LA
Message 2 of 4
(2,558 Views)
Thanks LA,
Is "Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk" means "constinus generation voltage waveform in to clock"??
Correct me if I m wrong. because I tried to search in the examples but didnt get it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,551 Views)
Anis,

It is my pleasure to help you! Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk stands for "continuous generation voltage waveform internal clock." Let me know if you still have problems finding it.

Regards,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,544 Views)