Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PyDAQmx and USB-6000/USB-TC01 Thermocouple Device

Hi All,

I have a project I'm working on which requires reading values from a circuit board.

Need to do these things:

1). Read five analog values from test points on a circuit board with USB-6000 DAQ Unit.

2). Read tachometer from fan with a counter from USB-6000 DAQ Unit.

3). Read a temperature value from USB-TC01 Thermocouple Unit.

We can't use LabVIEW because we would need to recode our entire python low-level driver to interface with the software. Instead, I want to utilize PyDAQmx module to interface with the NIDAQmx driver.

However, I'm not sure how to use the functions in PyDAQmx to utilize reading values from the boards and units. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Best,

Jacob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(7,153 Views)
I'm not sure why you would be asking how to to use PyDAQmx here. A quick Google turns up http://pythonhosted.org/PyDAQmx/usage.html.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(7,148 Views)

I've looked into that website, and into the GitHub source code - there doesn't seem to be much information/documentation about compatibility with the USB-TC01 Thermocouple Device. I'm looking to interface all this hardware together, but there isn't a "how-to" guide.

Edited for clarity

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(7,143 Views)

@Yakav wrote:

I've looked into that website, and into the GitHub source code - there doesn't seem to be much information/documentation about compatibility with the USB-TC01 Thermocouple Device. I'm looking to interface all this hardware together, but there isn't a "how-to" guide.

Edited for clarity

That's what happens when you use open source software. You get what you pay for.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(7,140 Views)

My assumption was that if the USB-TC01 Thermocouple Device uses the NIDAQmx 9.9 drivers, it should have compatibility within the PyDAQmx module since its a full interface to the NIDAQmx drivers. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(7,137 Views)

@Yakav wrote:

My assumption was that if the USB-TC01 Thermocouple Device uses the NIDAQmx 9.9 drivers, it should have compatibility within the PyDAQmx module since its a full interface to the NIDAQmx drivers. 

Go with your assumption. No one is stopping you.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(7,131 Views)
The device IS supported by DAQmx.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(7,128 Views)

Either help contribute, or don't reply. I'm not looking for passive-agressive answers - this goes to nyc

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(7,125 Views)

Dennis,

I essentially want to use a method that would read the value of the thermocouple, and print the value when I type "T"

For instance:

while True:

print "Commands"

print "T    --> Read current Thermocouple Temperature"

print "FON --> Fan  On"

x = raw_input("Enter Command:")

if x == "FON":

fan1.write_fan_duty_cycle(100)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(7,119 Views)
0 Kudos