Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prototyping Board Power on the NI Elvis II won't turn on only USB active led light is on when i switch on the elvis II

After connecting a different prototyping board to the Elvis, the power for the prototyping board has stopped working on the Elvis. Even when I reconnect the NI Elvis Series Prototyping Board to the Elvis it will not work. The LED in the upper right corner of the board won't even light up indicating that it's sending power to the board. Although the USB Active LED will light up still when the board is turned on.

I have checked and replaced the fuse for the Elvis and it still does not work. I hvae also tried different prototyping boards, but the problem seems to lie within the Elvis itself.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this problem and how I might go about fixing it?

Helpp Me PLEASEE!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,547 Views)

Hey tnoor,

Did any significant event happen that might have caused this?  If the issue is within the NI ELVIS, I would call NI and request to speak to an engineer and they can troubleshoot further.

-Brian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,518 Views)

Nope it happens suddenly when i just plug the usb to my computer. The prototyping board is not shown on my computer too and then this happen that prototyping board light is not glowing even i tried several times by detached the board and then again attached but that light is not glowing even if i on the protyping board button.. 

Helpp needed any solution? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,512 Views)

Is this all on the same computer and same cable?

If you have narrowed it down to that specific ELVIS I would call support and let them know that it is the ELVIS acting up.

-Brian J.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,490 Views)

Yes it is happening on all computers with same cable. I dont know why it is happening and how to reset my elvis protoboard. 😞  what do you want from me, picture of that specific elvis?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,482 Views)