From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with trigger and synchronisation of encoder and analog signals

Hello,

I have got a problem with data acquisition. I record five analog voltages (differential) with PCIe6320, three encoder signals (A, B) and a digital signal as a state from a onboard program at the motion controller PCI-7340. I route the six encoder signals and the state signal about RTSI 0…5,7 from Motion Controller to DAQ PFI8, PFI 10, PFI 3, PFI 11, PFI 0 and PFI 2. To begin the measurements I take the cnt1 from DAQ and route it to RTSI7. The 1 kHz clock (from ATMEGA32) for measurements is always running at PFI4 (DAQ) and is routed to RTSI6. Theoretically the clock could be used until 50 kHz (250 Ks/s /5 analog signals). The Data of all signals were saved with TDMS. Mostly it runs perfectly, but sometimes I don’t have all data then the tdms data are much smaller. Because the data in tdms were attached, I can not match the data. The clock is stable, I watch it with an oscilloscope.

What can I do?

Sorry about the big program.

Best Regards,
Andy

(3,802 Views)

Sorry: PCI-7356

Best Regards,
Andy

(3,801 Views)

Hello,

I searched for the Error the whole time. In SCB-68, at the specified PFI pins, I can watch the position signals, routed about RTSI, with a 2-channel oscilloscope. I can always see the x-Position signals.  I supplemented for every task before the case structure the "DAQmx Read property node" for monitoring the "Available Samples Per Channel". When the program runs at first the "Available Samples Per Channel" raises to approximately 2700, fall to zero and raises again and again. At an undefined time the buffer of different tasks shows in "Available Samples Per Channel" the number zero and no data were saved in TDMS for the task.

This situations occured

a) all position tasks break

b) all tasks break

c) status signal break

Information: The case structure is always false (nothing done)

Why I can always watch the signals in SCB-68 and in the buffer it break?

Where is the buffer in hardware? It´s not the buffer from inputs of DAQ Card, right?

Thank you for helping. I´ve no Idea, where I can searching for the error now.

Best Regards,
Andy

(3,682 Views)