Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with resetting the cDAQ chassis 9172 in MAX

Hello!

I have a cDAQ configuration as show in the figure (9172, 2x9485, 9217, 9435). After running my LabVIEW program some time (minutes to ours), I get either an -50004 (mostly) or a -200324 error message. I then stop my program and open MAX. In MAX I see my chassis and modules. I can also do a refresh and they are still visible as show in the figure. When I try to perform a Reset Chassis I got the error message -50004, with the explanation "A pointer-type parameter is invalid........(se figure)". If I remove the USB cabel from the PC and insert it again (into the PC). Then I can perform a Reset Chassis without an error message. 

My main objective is to perform an automatic Chassis Reset in my program, but I got the same errors there.

Best Regards,
M.Christian     
Message 1 of 3
(3,012 Views)

Hi,

I have not found many issues with the 50004 error, and with the couple cases I did come across it was the result of using a lot of tasks and creating/destroying them continuously. Would you be willing to post your code so we can take a look? It might be something we can repeat here and/or offer some suggestions. You shouldn't be able to get into a state where that error occurs but obviously something is off.

You can look into your code yourself, if you are continually creating and clearing tasks, look for opportunities to just stop and start them. Also, just for our info - what version of DAQmx and LabVIEW are you using?

Cheers,

Andrew S

MIO Product Support Engineer

National Instruments    

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,990 Views)

Hello!

Thank you for the answer!

I have now removed the creating and destroing of tasks. I do a DAQmx Reset Device after an error has (-50405 or -200324) occured in order to continue communicating with the device after the error. When I try to stop and start the task before and after the reset I got an error -200324 (after the DAQmx Start Task). I have tried to wait for 5 sec for the device to complete the reset function. It was this error that forced my to remove and create tasks (my first mail) after resetting the device in the first place.

I do not know what cases the first error, but this error occures randomly after some ours. I try to simulate a communication error by removing the USB cable from the PC for some seconds, but get this -200324 error after resetting the device (I first verify that the device is present by reading the DevNames, and counting modules).

Best Regards;

Morten Christian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,961 Views)