Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with configuration/calibration accelerometer: NI 9234; BDK100

HeyHey!

For my diploma thesis I need to set up an acceleration controlled shaker experiment. 

Therefore I am trying to take my accelerometer (see attachment) into operation with the cDAQ 9174 and the NI 9234. So I am using the DAQ assistant to do so but when I put in the specifications of my sensor I only get a noisy signal with a slide offset from zero even if the sensor stands still. I am not sure about the coupling mode and since the specification says I have to supply the sensor with 5Volt (I can only choose Ampere) I am not sure of that either...

I am process engineer so please explanations for children...

Thank you for any help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,009 Views)

Hi NIgery,

I saw that nobody is answering, so I would like to be up to date. What have you done?

Is your question up to date?

best regards

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,797 Views)

Just by looking at the spec of the sensor:

The output is ratiometric (means: it will change proportional with your supply voltage)

The zero is specified at 0.5Up+-4% (@ 5V ~ +-100mV) , so your zero offset should be in the +-10g range and everything is still OK 😉

What you usually do is a zero offset compensation, measure V_o and when you measure V_a you do a V_comp= V_a - V_o

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,747 Views)