From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with a cDaq 9174 or a 9403 DIO Module

I am running MAX 5.3.1 using a Cdaq 9174 with a 9403 Module in channel 1 slot

I initially had the first 8 IO's as inputs and the last 24 IO's as outputs.

I am using 24 channels (8-31) as NI-Daqmx Global Virtual Channels.

When I try to run a channel (turn it on) nothing happens (no output)

if I run in Devices and Interfaces it works fine.

after I run in Devices and Interfaces the NI-Daqmx Global Virtual Channel works.

Now I try to run in LabView, the channels sometime work but most of the time is doesn't.

I am running the same set up in 2 other stations using a NI USB 6259 with out any problems.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,235 Views)

Hello,

When you mentioned that the output doesn't work when you run a channel, are you refering to either running the Global Virtual Channel from LabVIEW with the DAQ Assistant or MAX under Data Neighborhood?

Also, when you mentioned that you are running from devices and interfaces, are you meaning that you are running a test pannel for the device or just creating a virtual task?

Lastly, Do I understand you correctly when I say that your Global Virtual Channel only outputs the correct signal after you use either use a test panel or task in MAX to output the signal? 

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,221 Views)

The answer to your first question is; YES

it only works when I am running the test panel, not a virtual task

Most of the time the virual tasks works only after I use the test panel in Max only, not with the LabView program.

I added a second modual and moved the inputs to that one, no change in results.

I am currently running almost the same setup (I using a 9178) on another station without any problems

Note; to get this stand running I moved all the outputs to a NI USB-6501,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,205 Views)

This issue sounds like it may be related to your MAX configuration data being corrupted. You can try  correcting this by resetting the MAX configuration data. Before you do this, you may want to back up your saved virtual channels though. I am including some links below that explain how to accomplish both of these tasks.

Export/Import (Save) the System Configuration in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX):

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0E0D3D7C4AA8903886256B29000C9D5A

What is the Process For Removing MAX Database Corruption?:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

Please let me know if this helps.

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,175 Views)