From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PCI 6023E

Hi

I'm trying to acquire data from a switch using PCI 6023E. I have tried to read the data using the Visual C++.net example provided by NI (Analog in - Measure Voltage -ContAcqVoltageSamples_SWTimed). It seems to be working. However, the value of the data collected keeps rising with time, for more than 10 minutes -- from around -2.5 up to3.0 when the switch is not activated. If I activated the switch, the value would increase by about 5. May I know if this is common? I thought it shouldn't have such a long settling time?

Also, Today, I transfered the PCI card to the PCI slot of another PC and the PC would hang after I connected the CB 681lpr to the PCI board. I am wondering if I have missed out some steps that such a problem occurred?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,126 Views)

xstarx,

This sounds like a connection/grounding issue to me.  What type of connection are you using (differential, reference single ended, etc)?  Are you using bias resistors if applicable?  I would encourage you to check out the Field Wiring Guide.

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,112 Views)

Sorry for the late reply. An NRSE was used.

One end of the switch is connected to ACH1, another end to AIGround.

One end of a resistor is connected to ACH1, another end to +5V.

One end of a wire is connected to AIGround, another end to AISENSE.

Now, the drift is getting larger. After it settles down, a voltage value of about 7V is obtained at state "0" and a voltage value of 10V (the max) is obtained at state "1".

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,998 Views)

xstarx

You will probably want to look at the document I provided above again.  It seems like it is suggesting quite a different wiring than you have.  If this still doesn't work you might want to consider some of the things in this document.

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,973 Views)

Thanks! It works now. I removed the AISENSE wire. Also, I just realized that I forgot to change the AITerminalConfiguration in the C++ program!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,965 Views)