Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in output more then 16 waveforms

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, i made a program to output 30 waveforms, but when i try to output more then 16 signals, the program show the error Internal Software Error occurred in MIO software. Please contact National Instruments Support. I am using two NI 9264.

Please help me
Thanks for support

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,256 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fefinhu

What cDAQ chassis are you using?  The cDAQ-9172 only supports 16 hardware timed channels but the other cDAQ chassis don't have a limit unless you are doing on-board regeneration which you aren't.

What version of DAQmx do you have installed?

You should never get that Internal Software Error so that's an issue on the DAQmx side.  I don't have two 9264s at my desk at the momement but I can try it out later to see where the error is coming from.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,237 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fefinhu

Hello MarkGrot, thaks for your response but i am using a cDAQ-9178, and my DAQmx is the latest version.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,234 Views)

I read de manual and my Chassis only can write 16 channels thanks for suport!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,207 Views)

No, your chassis should support >16 hardware timed AO channels.  It looks like we broke that feature in DAQmx 15.1.  I haven't tested it but it looks like it should work in DAQmx 15.0.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,186 Views)

As an update, this issue (reported with CAR ID 549088) was fixed in NI-DAQmx 15.5. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,158 Views)