Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure transduce connection

I have a setra pressure transducer with 3-wire connection

1) +EXC - need to connect to power supply

2) COM - negative for power supply and multimeter

3) -OUT - need to connect to multimeter

Connection need to be made as shown in picture

Its voltage input requirement is 12 - 30 VDC. Is there any NI module I can use to connect all three or two different module?

Also, I have NI 9870 module. Can I use that? and if yes how?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(852 Views)

No, you can't use the 9870 , but maybe the supply and the rack...

However, you didn't provided the type of the sensor (or to be kind, a link to the datasheet 😉 )

So we don't know the type and range of the output and how fast you need to read it?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(812 Views)

Thank You Henry,

below is link to data sheet:

https://www.setra.com/hubfs/Setra_Product_Data_Sheets/Model_267MR_Spec_Sheet_2015.pdf

Setra267 is Low differential pressure transducer. If you can suggest any module which I can use that will be great. I am new to NI system so not much familiar with it,

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(805 Views)

That sensor has an analog current output 4-20mA (industrial standard)and is used for (quasi) static measurements.

We don't know about the existing modul/s racks... (somehow the C-module you mentioned is connected to the computer, and you might (re) use that.

so the modul only could start with a ni 9203  (8 current channels)

or you might choose a more versatile module that can measure current and voltage and other type of sensors (future use?)

ni 9218 ?  the 9218 needs a certain adapter to measure 20mA .. 

Anyway, I recommend to talk to an NI sales/application person 

If you look for a cheap, but not so accurate solution, there are other possible ways to go, but by your questions a wire,plug and pray solution is what you look for 😄 

The sensor datasheet mentions that the sensor calibration is done with a 24V supply, so depending on your needs, a 24v supply is a good idea.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(801 Views)