From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure transduce connection

I have a setra pressure transducer with 3-wire connection

1) +EXC - need to connect to power supply

2) COM - negative for power supply and multimeter

3) -OUT - need to connect to multimeter

Connection need to be made as shown in picture

Its voltage input requirement is 12 - 30 VDC. Is there any NI module I can use to connect all three or two different module?

Also, I have NI 9870 module. Can I use that? and if yes how?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(848 Views)

No, you can't use the 9870 , but maybe the supply and the rack...

However, you didn't provided the type of the sensor (or to be kind, a link to the datasheet 😉 )

So we don't know the type and range of the output and how fast you need to read it?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(808 Views)

Thank You Henry,

below is link to data sheet:

https://www.setra.com/hubfs/Setra_Product_Data_Sheets/Model_267MR_Spec_Sheet_2015.pdf

Setra267 is Low differential pressure transducer. If you can suggest any module which I can use that will be great. I am new to NI system so not much familiar with it,

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(801 Views)

That sensor has an analog current output 4-20mA (industrial standard)and is used for (quasi) static measurements.

We don't know about the existing modul/s racks... (somehow the C-module you mentioned is connected to the computer, and you might (re) use that.

so the modul only could start with a ni 9203  (8 current channels)

or you might choose a more versatile module that can measure current and voltage and other type of sensors (future use?)

ni 9218 ?  the 9218 needs a certain adapter to measure 20mA .. 

Anyway, I recommend to talk to an NI sales/application person 

If you look for a cheap, but not so accurate solution, there are other possible ways to go, but by your questions a wire,plug and pray solution is what you look for 😄 

The sensor datasheet mentions that the sensor calibration is done with a 24V supply, so depending on your needs, a 24v supply is a good idea.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(797 Views)