From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plug in cDAQ moduloes not located with Measurement & Automation Explorer

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running a Labview project with a cDAQ chassis for data acquisition connected through ethernet on a local network.  When I used Measurement and Automation Explorer to see my devices, the chassis shows up under network devices, but the two modules plugged into the chassis do not (NI 9201 and NI 9862).  These devices have shown up in the past, but even though the status of the chassis is listed as running, I cannot take any data.  I have run this program in the past and this problem has never occurred before.  The modules showed up in their slot numbers and I could run a self test and all was well.  Now even when I start a blank VI and try to configure data acquisition via the DAQ Assistant, I can click on acquire signals/analog input/voltage but then it says it is reading system configuration so a physical channel can be assigned and to please wait, but it never does come back.  When I look at the DAQ assistant input from my existing program the physical device to read the data from is cDAQ9188-19xxxxx Mod1/a1 which is where the connection to the NI 9201 module is located for my transducer.  It now says the device is not present.  I reset the cDAQ chassis but it did nothing to remidy the situation.  Any ideas?????

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,811 Views)

Did you reserve your cDAQ chassis on NI MAX??
I looked for good document but couldn't on NI web, Mathworks provided good one.

Why cannot Data Acquisition Toolbox detect my NI DAQ devices connected through a cDAQ network chassi...

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,764 Views)

OK, so I tried to add a device but I get the message Add device failed - some network problem?  Now when I try and enter NI Max I get a message that the MAX database exited abnormally.  I tried to reset the parameters to the old values and whatever I did, I now cannot see the CDAQ device anymore and when I find the device, it is running but on a different IP address (maybe an old one?)  Now it says I have no network adapter and when I fixed it through the Microsoft network fixer, I have a totally screwed up system!!!!How do I get back to where I was or how do clean up this mess and start over?   As I said the system ran perfectly until a few days ago and now I cannot get NI MAX to do anything. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,727 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author es28

OK, so I reset the MI MAX system parameters and got all of my network settings back to where they should be and all of a sudden all is well.  I am back to where I was when the system worked just fine. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,719 Views)