Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture on front panel gets distorted when scrolling it up

I added a picture to the front panel with a sample vi I got from the example code.
When the picture is on the top of the front panel I see the picture box but no picture, but when I move the picture to the bottom of the front panel it starts to show up and is distorted.
The more I move it down it starts to slowly become normal.
What would cause this to happen ?
I need the picture on the top of the front panel.

Thank You
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,099 Views)
Michael,

You've described some very strange behavior and I haven't been able to replicate it here. Would it be possible for you to post a simple example demonstrating this behavior for us?

Regards,

E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,088 Views)
Here is some example code and some screen shots.
Thank You
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,066 Views)
Michael,

Thanks for posting the code, but I'm not able to run it and reproduce the error here (mainly because I don't have the image that it uses). Could you post some code that would demonstrate the error when run? From the looks of your screenshots, it looks as if the image is being resized before it is inserted in picture control, and if its "distortion" is dependent on its placement on the front panel, then maybe the image is being scaled by its position. Make sure that this isn't occurring in your VIs code!
E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,056 Views)
I added the picture in which that gets distorted. It doesn't matter what type of picture it is bmp,tiff,jpeg or what size the picture is for instance 8 bit or 24 bit. I get no physical error only what I see on my Front Panel.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,038 Views)
Michael,

This is definitely the strangest issue I have ever seen with a picture control. The only explanation is that the VI was somehow corrupted, and my bet is that the current control set is outside of the acceptable bounds for a front panel. What highlights the weird behavior is if you right-click the picture control's wire on the block diagram and select Create->Indicator. Doing so creates a picture control at the extreme bottom of front panel. Running the VI, you can see that the picture control at the bottom works fine, while the picture control at the top does not, and they are connected to the same wire!

I will pass this find on to our R&D department for their review. The only workaround I can offer you is to move the controls to the bottom of the front panel ("inbounds") and let the front panel resize itself -- everything works fine after doing this. I have attached a modified version of your VI with this fix made. Thank you for reporting the strange behavior!

Regards,
E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,030 Views)
Unfortunately I do not have a version of 7.1
I have version 7.0
Can you resend that vi saved under 7.0
Thank You Again,
Michael Parker
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,021 Views)
Here it is in 7.0.
-Alan A.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,014 Views)
Hello Alan,
I selected my front panel and moved it to the bottom.
Everything is working correctly now. The picture is working fine.
Thank You for your support,
Michael Parker
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,998 Views)