Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pci 6225 and Block Connectors

Good morning, I need some help.

I have a project where I need to acquire some analog signals.

The thing is that I have a NI PCI-6225 device, and I have been given two NI SCC-68 block connectors. I have been looking at the manuals, but I'm not really sure wheter the connectors I have (SCC-68: Connector 0 and Connector 1) are the ones I need to connect the DAQ device (PCI-6225). I understand that these connectors provide 32 analog inputs if connected in SE mode, and 16 if connected in DIFF mode.

I really don't know wheter I've got my information wrong or I lack information. I need 60 analog signals for my project. I don't know how to get the connection done.

I would appreciate if anyone could help me with this, or point me in the right direcction, I mean: Are these SCC-68: Connectors 0 and 1 the compatible ones with the PCI-6225 DAQ device? How many signals will I be reading with these connectors?

Thanks in advance to anyone who could help me.

German González.

Macaribo, Venezuela

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,862 Views)

If understand, you have:

2 x NI PCI-6225 (80 AI, 24 DIO)
2 x SHC68-68-EPM Shielded Cable
2 x SCB-68 Noise Rejecting, Shielded I/O Connector Block

These equipaments are compatible, for undesrtand how to connect your input signals please refer to SCC-68 User Guide pg. 39 for conector 0 and 40 for connetor 1, but you need to match these informations with the M Series User Manual Pages A30 and A31, due the connetor 1 doesn't have counters

SCC-68 User Guide

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374748b.pdf

M Series User Manual

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371022k.pdf

I hope this help,

Regards,

Osvaldo Santos

Osvaldo Santos
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,825 Views)

Good morning, I will take your advice into consideration and let you know the results.

Thanks a lot for the replay Osvaldo.

German González, Maracaibo, Venezuela.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,821 Views)