Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass external clock via PFI to Framegrabber over RTSI

Hi all, I've been working on integrating two separate NI devices an NI PCIe-6351 DAQ and an NI PCIe-1433 Framegrabber connected to a line scan camera. The devices are both connected via RTSI.

The line rate for the camera is 100 kHz and and must be synchronised to an external clock (from a laser). Using the TTL input built into the frame grabber I have acquired synchronised images. 

Separately I have also measured voltages at a 100 kHz sampling rate synchronised to the laser using the DAQ board by plugging into a PFI line and selecting that as the source for the sample clock. 

I have also run the camera at 100 kHz synchronised line rate and acquired frames of 500 lines at a time from a 200 Hz frame trigger sent across RTSI from the DAQ board. This is important for synchronising grabbing 500 shots of analog input from the daq board with 500 shots from the camera. 

The step I'm having trouble with is feeding my 100 kHz TTL signal into the DAQ board (say via a PFI line) and hard routing that straight over one of the RTSI lines to sync the line rate of the camera. Using MAX I can adjust whether the line rate is referenced to the external TTL input on the NI-1433 or one of the RTSI lines but it's the routing over the DAQ board I can't figure out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached is a vi which works for externally synced line rate and frame trigger via the DAQ board. (NB this is just a test VI and in no way represents the quality of my general software architecture!) The stop RTSI button was just to test that frames would no longer be acquired when I stopped the frame trigger over RTSI. 

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(588 Views)