Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-6358 NRSE terminal configuration Error -200077

I'd like to use the PXIe-6358 analog input with NRSE or RSE configuration. But when I try to set the mode to anything else than "Differential" I get:

DaqError: Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.
Property: DAQmx_AI_TermCfg
Requested Value: DAQmx_Val_NRSE
Possible Values: DAQmx_Val_Diff
Channel Name: Dev1/AI1

Task Name: _unnamedTask<2C>

Status Code: -200077

I could not find any information in the Datasheet, Specification and API Documentation that says that the PXIe-6358 does not support NRSE, so I do not understand what is the problem here.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,008 Views)

The error is correct. You cannot configure single-ended configurations on the PXIe-6538. The 6358 has simultaneously-sampled analog input; on simultaneous devices, the channels are always differential.

(The NI 6358 datasheet states "Number of channels: 16 differential". For comparison, the NI 6363, which has multiplexed analog input and can do single-ended measurements, has "Number of channels: 16 differential or 32 single ended" in its datasheet.)

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
Message 2 of 4
(3,983 Views)

(I am the OP)

thanks bstreiff for clarifying. 

Now I looked really closely at the X Series User Manual again and also found the following:

Refer to one of the following sections, depending on your device:
• Analog Input on MIO X Series
Devices—NI 632x/634x/6351/6353/6355/6361/6363/6365/6375 devices can be configured
for single-ended and differential analog input measurements.
• Analog Input on Simultaneous MIO X Series
Devices—NI 6356/6358/6366/6368/6376/6378 devices can be configured for differential
analog input simultaneous sampled measurements.

What I still find confusing is: If I look into the help under "Supported Properties by Device -> NI PXIe-6358 Supported Properties -> Analog Input >> Input Configuration >> Terminal Configurations" it still lists the NRSE and RSE and so on as valid values. But I guess that just means the values that are valid for this typedef...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,967 Views)

Your guess is correct. The help document for "Analog Input >> General Properties >> Input Configuration >> Terminal Configuration" is the help document for the "Terminal Configuration" property itself; it's not specific to the NI PXIe-6358.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
Message 4 of 4
(3,960 Views)