Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe 6124

I am considering to buy a PXIe 6124 to replace a PXI 6115 as I am the later in a continous DAQ application that requires only 4 MS/s/ch but needs true diferential inputs. But I have a couple of questions:

First, according to PXIe 6124 specs it seems that it has some programmable antialiasing filters http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/es/nid/206514

But I have not been able to get any information about them in the user manual... is it an error in the specs?

Second, I am very concerned with the limited on board memory of the PXIe 6124. Is it possible to upgrade it, or are there any plans for doing so in the near future? I am very suprised that it includes such an small memory for that high data throughput (4 MS/s/ch x 4 ch x 2B/s = 32 MB/s). This means that the program must be able to read data (empty the internal memory) each 1 ms when acquirinrg 4 channels at full speed. I understand that bus bandwidth is not a problem due to the use of PXIe but nevertheless it limits very much the processing time available for continious acquisition applications running in Windows

Thanks. Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,695 Views)

I didn't see any text at the link implying programmable filters on the PXIe-6124.  The board has a fixed -3dB bandwidth of 2MHz; there are no programmable antialiasing filters.

Chris 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,682 Views)