From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI system (Unidentified)

Hi,

I'm new in Labview, I have a DAQ card which its model is  "NI-PCI-6221(A)", 

I've pluged it into the computer, but when I launch MAX, .....Devices and interfaces....Ports.....I see "PXI System(Unidentified)"

Also, I can't see "NI-DAQmx devices"

Does anybode know why it hasn't been recognized?

Thanks

Vahideh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,649 Views)
Your question has nothing to do with LabVIEW. Please provide the version of DAQmx you installed and the os you installed it on.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,640 Views)

thanks for your reply, the NI-DAQmx which is already installed is "7.2.0"

Sorry, what do you mean by "os"?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,637 Views)
os = operating system

That version of DAQmx is extremely old. Idon't see your device as being supported. It's now important to also provide your version of LabVIEW so someone can know what you have to install.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,626 Views)

The version of Labview is 7.1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,623 Views)
The latest version of DAQmx that works with LabVIEW 7.1 is version 8.9. This supports the 6221. Download from http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-8.9/1216/en/. You still have not provided the os but you can check that compatibility yourself.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,619 Views)

I've downloaded it, but when I want to install it, ""Unable to open ......\setup.exe"

If I understood correctly it's for 64bit, right?

So, my PC is XP, 32bit...The reason is that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,594 Views)
No, it is for both 32 and 64-bit. Try downloading it again. It sounds like it's corrupted.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,592 Views)