From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI Trigger with DAQmxCfgDigEdgeStartTrig fails

Solved!
Go to solution

Alright here is another question from the novice:

First what I want to do:

1) Get Timestamps from a PXI-6682

2) Synchronize those time stamps with Analog inputs

Now here is what I did so far:

NI-Sync:

1) Create a clock that generate 1 rising edge per second on NISYNC_VAL_PXITRIG0

2) Link that clock to create timestamps on rising edges

NI-Daqmx:

1) Create Task

2) Create a channel

3) Link channel start trigger to "PXITrign" <--fails...weird that I shouldn't use NISYNC_VAL_PXITRIG0 =  

"PXI_Trig0"

Now I need to do this because I want to have a timestamp exactly when I start fetching samples.....because my preliminary tests created abuffer overflow because my timestamp was never available (so every time I got samples I would wait 1 second before getting them)

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,160 Views)

It sounds like to me you are looking to get time stamps from the 6682 of all of the analog input samples.  In my opinion  a good starting point might be the following community example that combines a DAQ task with an NI-Sync timestamping task. 

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3362

I found the link above from going to NI.com/community and searching for: DAQmx time stamp

Let me know if you have any other questions.. 

Charley Dahan

Global Account Manager
Message 2 of 3
(3,140 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sebastien Dupere

First of all thank you for your reply.

Yes I did stumble on this piece of information, although sadly I do not use LabView but C++...

Furthermore,

I solved my compiling issue by using NISYNC_VAL_PXITRIG0  afterall (Seems the name was a bit misexplained in the Daqmx library

But now I got more issues popping up, but those are on other threads.

So I guess I will close this one and let my other threads give me more answers 🙂

Thank you though,

Seb

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,131 Views)