Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-6509 Doesn't Attach to Ribbon Cable Screws

Solved!
Go to solution
My threaded standoffs on the PXI-6509's 100-pin I/O connector are not compatible with the screwdowns that come with the R1005050 ribbon cable assembly:  Either the standoff threading is too large or the ribbon cable screwdown threads are too small.  In any case, I cannot connect this and am wondering if it's vital for ground current return or shielding reasons?  I received my hardware in the June-August 2008 timeframe, if that's important.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,094 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fluffums

Fluffums -

Thank you for posting your question on the NI forums. It is not necessary to have your cables screwdown connected to the PXI-6509's standoffs. The screwdowns are mostly just there to ensure that your cable stays connected to your device. I do not currently have my cable secured into my PCI due to the fact that I consistently change hardware around. Hope this helps. 

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,082 Views)
That does help, thanks.  The cable end seems to hang in there so I suppose it isn't an issue although I'm disappointed that my relative expensive NI hardware does not play well together.  I suppose I could replace the standoffs with the size that fits the screwdown lugs. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,067 Views)

Fluffums,

I apologize for the inconvenience, upon looking into this further on the specifications for the cable it says it is compatible with the PXI-6508 but does not mention the PXI-6509. But when I look at the specifications for the PXI-6509 it suggests the R1005050 cable for that device. I am not sure why they would not work together. Your best option might just to replace the standoffs. 

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,062 Views)