From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4462 sample rate set

Hi!

How can I determine available sample rate for this board? What mean "181.9 uS/s increment" in the datasheet?

Jury

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,136 Views)

Hi Jury,

I'm assuming you're looking at the 4462 spec sheet?

Your available sample rates range from 1 kS/s to 204.8 kS/s.  181.1 uS/s is the smallest amount you can increment your sample rate.

Thanks for the question,

Lisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,125 Views)

Hi Lisa!

Thank you for answer!

I read 4462 spec sheet.

If 181.9 uS/s mean that available sample rate is:

1000 Hz

1181.9 Hz

1363.8 Hz

... and so on.

Jury

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,118 Views)

Hi Jury,

The 181.9 uS/s means 181.9 microSamples/second.  Thus, your available rates are [1000, 1.0001819, 1.0003638...] Hz.

Thanks,

Lisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,098 Views)

Hi Lisa!

Thank you for answer!

Is the value 1 kHz and 181.9 microSamples/second precise?

We planed to use PXI-6653 10 MHz oscillator, disciplined by the PXI-6682 GPS for precise time sync. I must know perecise SampleRate if I want to calculate time of the Sample as [SampleNumber]/[SampleRate] with GPS accuracy for long-time record (about 10^4 and more seconds).

Can you say me, how can I calculate the increment of 181.9 microSample/second?

Usually, the sample rate can be obtained as some inner frequency divided on the integer number.

Jury

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,092 Views)

Hello Jury,

Please find this information in the general DSA manual under Timing and Synchronization, then Sample Rate and Update Rate, Accuracy and Coercion.

Calculating the coerced rate depends a lot on your individual system set up.

Feel free to let me know if you have any specific questions.

Lisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,080 Views)

Hi Lisa,

Did you manage to configure and test the system?

I also would like to obtain precise disciplined clock using PXI-6653 and PXI-6682. I was wondering if you could give me some guidelines about timing and synchronization aspects in LabVIEW. I know right now how to configure the DSAs using DAQmx and how to trigger DSAs using niSync however it is of great unknown how to route the signals between PXI-6682 and PXI-6653 and how to send the timebase from PXI-6653 to DSAs via backplane. I have PXI-4495 as well as 4472 in two different chassis. I also started a separated topic here since this seems to be quite complex issue.

Thanks for help in advance.

--

Łukasz

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,925 Views)

lukko,

TylerK provided some great advice in your other thread regarding clock disciplining your multiple remote chassis.  However, you may not actually be able to synchronize your PXI-4495 with your PXI-4472 in one chassis.  The PXI-4472 only supports synchronization by sharing the oversample clock over the backplane PXI star trigger lines.  In your case this would be generated via DDS on the PXI-6653 and routed to the star trigger lines.  The PXI-4495 doesn't have star trigger lines available because it is a hybrid-slot compatible module.  PXI-4495 modules are synchronized by sharing the 10 MHz backplane clock and generating their own oversample clock on board via DDS with a 100 MHz crystal oscillator.  You can still trigger the acquisition from the two cards together, but you may not be able to discipline the clocks together in a single chassis.

Regards,

Jared R.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,911 Views)

Hi Jared,

Thank you for the reply. Could you take a look and suggest something about this issue (link)?

Thanks!

--

Łukasz

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,889 Views)