From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4461 minimum working load

This spec sheet (sheet 18) says Minimum working load 600 ohms.

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373770k.pdf

That spec isn't described. Can someone explain what that means?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(964 Views)

In short, the load has to be >= 600 ohms for the AO to operate within specifications.

I would have interpret the words as load < 600 ohms, as the maximum load will have a lower impedance but it does not make sense electrically.

santo_13_0-1628137565892.png

Logically speaking it could not drive loads higher than 600 ohms, for example, it cannot drive an 8-ohm speaker directly as a lot of current will be required to attain the requested voltage. The datasheet does not specify a typical or max drive current, based on the voltage range and this minimum working load, I would say it is +/- 60mA maximum.

Comparing to other DSA cards (4463), they specify a max drive current, 

santo_13_1-1628137867709.png

And other AC specifications are defined for various loads,

santo_13_2-1628137920132.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 3
(928 Views)

After doing some tests, I saw that the PXI 4461 board has a current limiter, when it approaches 25 mA RMS it gradually increases the internal impedance, limiting the current at that level.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(218 Views)