Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-2722 3 Wire RTD

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to configure my PXI-2722 Resistor Module to act like a 3-Wire RTD Sensor.

I am using Channel 0, with these Relay Positions: b0shunt = Closed, b0 = Open, bc01 = Closed, b1shunt = Open, and b1 = Closed. See attachment.

My LabVIEW program can change the resistance across Pins 2 and 20 which is what I expect.

My problem is I have an Open Circuit (infinite resistance) between Pins 2 and 1.  So my solution will not act like a 3-Wire RTD.  What am I doing wrong and how can I act like a 3-Wire RTD using PXI-2722?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,091 Views)

Have a look at the spec...  pretty high uncertainties  (1% to 10%! depending on range) and 0.25Ohm resolution.

Assuming a Pt(100 or 1000 or ..) :  1K change is less than a 0.4% resistor value change.

Well it migth work with NTCs ... and individual calibration ..   depending on the accuracy needed..

3 wire is not needed 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,075 Views)

Henrik Volkers,  Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I don't understand what your point is?

I am wondering why when I Close Relay b0shunt, that Pin 20 and Pin 1 are not shorted (low resistance).  I measure an Open (high resistance) between pin 20 and pin 1.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,069 Views)

Sorry, I mixed up a source with a RTD measurement device 🙂

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,064 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KevinBlankenheim

I have my 3-Wire RTD Simulator working. I setup the relays to connect to the external connector pins that I require, before calling ni272x Write Resistance. I removed all references in ni272x Address Bank Relay so they only change the Resistor Relays and never change the shunt or bypass Relays. I changed my Requested Resistance and used Front Panel to monitor Relay Positions and measure the Resistance at the External Connector.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,043 Views)