Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWM Current Measurement

I want to measure current for a small DC motor driven with a PWM signal. Working voltages are less than 2 volts and expected current is less than 1 amp. I have a M series 6233. I am using a shunt to measure my current and am feeding it into two analog inputs. I need to convert the PWM pulses into an analog wave to display on a graph. The net question is how do I convert PWM pulses into an analog wave form?

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,190 Views)
What programming language are you using? If it's LabVIEW, then selecting multiple points to read with the DAQ Assistant or a DAQmx Read set for a waveform and 1 channel/n samples is what you should do.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,177 Views)

Thank you for your response.

I am using Labview. And I am reading in the voltage drop across my shunt. I do the math in Labview and convert the shunt voltage to current and display that result. This provides me with a wave form that follows the PWM voltage supplied to the motor. I need to have an analog signal as I have a few crossovers to evaluate between current and voltage.

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,149 Views)
From your description, you do have an analog signal. Please attach an image of the block diagram and front panel.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,143 Views)