cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PT100 with NI6341 DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a NI PXIe-1071 with a NI6341 multifunction DAQ.

I wante to use it with 4 PT100 temperature sensor.

Will it be possible (hardware/software  point of view) ? If not, does it exist a card able to get the acquisition with the PXIe 1071 ? (I saw the NI9216 but it is wotking only with CRIO)

Thank you for your advices.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,713 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vincentlg

The 6341 is not a good choice for RTD temperature measurements.  As I recall (it's been a while), you need a board with a precision current source.   One such board is the PXIe-4357.  It's admittedly a pricey option for 4 sensors, so you may want to look into smaller dedicated RTD conditioners that attach via USB or LAN or something.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,681 Views)

Just search for 'PT100 to 10V' converter,  they start at about 15$€ up to about 100, depending on the quality/housing/range...

Usually you use Pt100 to get accuracy...  so carefully look at the spec 🙂

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,674 Views)