From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PT100 with NI6341 DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a NI PXIe-1071 with a NI6341 multifunction DAQ.

I wante to use it with 4 PT100 temperature sensor.

Will it be possible (hardware/software  point of view) ? If not, does it exist a card able to get the acquisition with the PXIe 1071 ? (I saw the NI9216 but it is wotking only with CRIO)

Thank you for your advices.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,710 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vincentlg

The 6341 is not a good choice for RTD temperature measurements.  As I recall (it's been a while), you need a board with a precision current source.   One such board is the PXIe-4357.  It's admittedly a pricey option for 4 sensors, so you may want to look into smaller dedicated RTD conditioners that attach via USB or LAN or something.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,678 Views)

Just search for 'PT100 to 10V' converter,  they start at about 15$€ up to about 100, depending on the quality/housing/range...

Usually you use Pt100 to get accuracy...  so carefully look at the spec 🙂

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,671 Views)