Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID motor control with tach feedback

I am needing help with PID tuning. I have followed the procedures, to the best of my knowledge, and can not get my PID to tune correctly. The system is a USB-6009, DART MAG-20 tach, and a DART 125DV56G motor speed controller. I am utilizing 0-5vdc input to the controller from DAQ's AO0. If I use a control slider in labview it works without oscillations. But I can not get the PID to stop oscillating. My VI will be attached. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,735 Views)

First off, I did not look at your vi because I do not have LabVIEW on my networked machine.  But thanks for attaching it.

Now, PID tuning is something of a black art at times.  If you have never tuned one you can go crazy at first.  Check out this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller  There is a lot of good info and a tuning section near the bottom which should help.

You say that you can't get the PID to stop oscillating, but how big is it?  There will usually be a small amount even when tuned, it will look like a very slow sine wave.  You also have to think about how fast you run the PID because that is how fast it can react to changes depending on tuning.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,716 Views)