Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCMCIA 6036E

Hello,

Is there a way to configure a buffered event counting with DAQMX for a PCMCIA 6036E.  I understand that the DAQ-STC drivers do not allow for buffered Position measurement.  I also need to sync with an analog input.  Thanks.

Wade

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,478 Views)

Hello wade75,

The PCMCIA NI-6036E device is capable of buffered event counting when used with the NI DAQmx driver. The LabVIEW shipping example called “Count Digital Events-Buffered-Continuous-Ext Clk.vi” should suffice. Here is a VI Snippet representing the example code:

CountDigitalEventsBufferedContinuousExtClk.png

What do you mean by “sync with an analog input”? Please be as specific as possible so that we can help you out. Thanks!

David G
Sales Engineer - SE Michigan & N Ohio
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,452 Views)
Thanks for the reply Dave.  What I mean about the analog input sync is I will be taking buffered AI readings and I want the counter readings to be triggered off that
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,446 Views)

Hi Wade75,

I used the “Count Digital Events-Buffered-Continuous Ext Clock.vi” shipping example as a template for the VI below. It triggers an acquisition on the counter line you specify when an analog signal reaches a specified level. You could combine this example with one of the simple continuous analog acquisition examples and have a VI that acquires buffered AI samples, and acquires counter signals that are triggered off of the AI level. Check it out below:

analogtriggeredcountermeas.png

David G
Sales Engineer - SE Michigan & N Ohio
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,407 Views)