From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe6321 5V power lines

Hi,

I am considering to use the 5V power lines (1A max) of PCIe 6321 board to feed some glue logic. 

What I am curious is if the 5V power lines are linear regulated one or just directly connected to PC's switching power supply. For the linear regulated one, I am thinking a 5V switching line from the PC is fed to a step up regulator and then filtered by a low noise linear regulator on the 6321 board.

What is the fact?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
(2,571 Views)

Hi wigner1,

Thank you for your post.  What are the power input requirements specific to your glue logic application?   Is there any signal property in particular from the card's 5V output that you are interested in knowing? 

If you provide me some more specific details to your application, I might better help you. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,518 Views)

Hi wigner1,

Thank you for your post.  What are the power input requirements specific to your glue logic application?   Is there any signal property in particular from the card's 5V output that you are interested in knowing? 

If you provide me some more specific details to your application, I might better help you. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,517 Views)

Hi MoaciF,

Though the glue logic is digital, the power should be low noise to prevent any kind of feedthrough noise. ordinary power supply bypassing capacitors are not enough. I just want to know the power from the board is linear regulated or switching one.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,512 Views)

Hi Wigner1,

In this case, the 5V outputted by the board is coming from a switching regulator.

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,498 Views)