From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI/USB device appear in MAX as PXI System

My system is win10 PC, LabVIEW 8.6. It was designed to be used with bench equipment (Power Supply, DMM with multiplexer, Audio Analyzer)

When I try to install PCI-4461, it appears in MAX as "PXI System (Unidentified) PXI8::4::INSTR(PCI-4461) while it appears on System's Device Manager as (NI) Data Acquisition Devices PCI-4461.

Hence, I can't do programming with this card.  

I try with USB-6008, it doesn't appear on MAX neither.   (this USB-6008 is tested with the other system and work well)

I uninstall/re-install LabVIEW and all its software, the problem still appear.  

How can I fix it?  

no DAQ in MAX.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(598 Views)

Wait a minute, how did you even get to install LV 8.6 on a Win10.

This would come as a surprise to you, but, simply, NO - those are obsolete software that was not supposed to run on Win10 and nobody can help you to get them run on Win10

LV 2015 SP1 and DAQmx 15.5 is the earliest one supported on Win10. 

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/compatibility/17/labview-and-microsoft-windows-compat...

Please update LV and Drivers to at least LV2015 SP1 and DAQmx 15.5 to work on Win10.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(573 Views)