Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-MIO-16XE-50 DIO Bit 4 Not Responding

I've a PCI-MIO-16XE-50 board in a Mac G3 running OS9.0.4 and NI-DAQ 4.9.4. I've written code to toggle the DIO line states which works fine for all but one of the ports output lines configured as output, no handshaking, using NI calls. Has anyone else had experienced this problem? The problematic line is bit 4 (5th line up from LSB)? I performed a readback using DIG_In_Line and DIG_In_Port and both functions return that the lines should be high, but the output is still low.

To check that it wasn't a broken box/board/cable, I repeated the test on another like-configured machine with the same result.

Any clues would be helpful. thanks in advance,
Greg
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,856 Views)
After reading what you have already done, i'm suspecting something wrong with that line. Try probing that line and note the actual voltage to see if its really low or floating!!!!

A Rafiq
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,856 Views)
Already done. 0.0V without variation in all cases when checked agains DGND. The strange thing is I would suspect damaged H/W, but that two independent systems have the same behavior? It's a little hard to believe that the same line would be inadvertently damaged on two independent systems! Hurrumpf.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Greg
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,856 Views)
So you are saying that you have the same line4 not working on another (same) board? Hummm......if you are using CVI or C, can you run the NIDAQ examples that ship with it to rule out the possibility of something wrong in the code?!!
running out of options here!

A Rafiq
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,856 Views)
Its an interface between something called IDL (Interactive Data Language), through a shared library via an external call from IDL, to the NI drivers. (we've also got a SL for GPIB calls if anyone is interested in controlling devices from IDL)
We also have licenses for LabView, so maybe we'll give that a try, see if the line is controllable.
Thanks,
Greg
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,856 Views)
Thanks for supplying such a great answer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,856 Views)