Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-MIO-16E-4 with SCXI 1000 chassis all channels output -5 V

I have a system using a SCXI 1000 chassis that plugs into a PCI-MIO-16E-4. 1520 amplifier modules and 1121 modules are installed in the chassis and I have used it to connect a force plate through a 1314 terminal box. The system worked fine 3 days ago, but we had issues with the computer so we wanted to move it to a different one (that did not work out in the end). The issue is, since we moved the PCI-MIO-16E-4 to the other computer and then back to the original one, the signal on all channels is -5 V.

I am running Labview 2010, the DAGmx is 4.8, and the operating system Windows 7. The computer showed that it detected PCI-MIO-16E-4 in the device manager and it seems to work as usual. Also, in the Measurement and Automation Explorer, the SCXI 1000 chassis and PCI-MIO-16E-4 seem to work normally, as do the modules that are installed in the chassis. However, when running a "test pannel" they always show -5 V.

A controlled single BNC input still reads -5 V, regardless of the input signal. Meaning I am sure that the -5 V signal is not an issue with my force transducer. What is a bit curious is, that the signal does not start there. If the chassis and computer were turned off for a while the signal starts close to 0 and then drifts -5 V within a minute or so. After that, it remains at -5 V.

Does anybody have an idea what might be the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,334 Views)

Hi OIBG,

If you reset the MAX Database and reconfigure the chassis, does it still rail at -5V?

Reset MAX Database

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,286 Views)

Hello Chase,

Thank you for your help!

I have recently (a week ago) done that because I could not access the devices in the measurement and automation explorer. I went to do it again just now, but the readings are still all at -5 V. 

Thanks,

Ingmar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,279 Views)

Hey OBIG,

Does the device pass a self test in NI MAX or can it be reset? If it still fails in test panels after both those options, the device is in need of repair. I would reference here if you would like to send it in:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5B6448ED65EA711186256A3700800C67

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,265 Views)