Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6733 Self-Test Failed

Hi guys,

I'm using a PCI-6733 card with Windows 7 and NI DAQmx 16.0.1. I recently noticed that it is not outputting any voltages. In NI-MAX, there is an error message that the self-test failed (error code -200020). I recently updated the NI DAQmx for compatibility with newer USB boards, could the new software be incompatible with the PCI-6733 card?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,223 Views)

According to the NI DAQmx 16.0.f0 readme the PCI 6733 is supported.  (a patch won't remove support for any hardware)

You do need a Patch for Windows 7 to enable SHA-2 Signing

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,185 Views)

Yes, the patch is installed on my computer. I also tried out an older version of the software, but the self-test still fails. Is there any way to verify that it is a hardware problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,178 Views)

@Rets wrote:

Yes, the patch is installed on my computer. I also tried out an older version of the software, but the self-test still fails. Is there any way to verify that it is a hardware problem?

<Tounge in cheek mode = TRUE> Yes, Run the self-test.  If it fails the hardware is bad.Smiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,171 Views)

Well, that seems to be bad news.

As I have another PCI 6733 card available from a different computer, I tried to exchange the cards. It seems that the card is NOT broken, because it works just fine on the other computer. However, on this computer, the self test still fails with the other card (which has been working fine on the other computer). So, it seems to be a problem with my computer. The card is properly recognized by windows, so the PCI slot seems to be ok? Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,157 Views)