Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6723 AO 8-31 connection port failure

Hi All,

I've gone through multiple PCI-6723 cards we have here and in all cases the second AO 8-31 port to connected to my BNC-2110 box isn't recognize a second device in NIDAQ Measurements and Automation.  Also the green LED on the box won't light up so I'm assuming a physical problem.  It's not a problem with the cords or boxes, I've switched everything around and the first port is recognized just fine but the second seems to be a continual problem.  I wanted to know if anyone had any similar issues, if I'm possibly doing something which keeps blowing out that port?  The first port still works fine on all the cards, so I was wondering if this is a common or at least known issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,428 Views)
As you can see from the connector pinout, the second 68 pin connector is nothing like the first. It doesn't even have a 5V pin. It's not a second device in any case so your comment does not make much sense. I'm not sure you can use a BNC-2110 without a custom cable. I've only used the SCB-68.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,418 Views)

Ok I've got it worked out now based on your comments, so Thanks!  I was wrong in thinking it would recognize it as a second device or power on the LED, but while the 2110 box isn't really the best option you can get some functioning connections from the second port (and I only needed a couple).  The pinouts from the second port just connect in a somewhat inverse order starting at the AI 0 port and working backwards (so AO 8 = AI 0, AO 9 = AI 1, AO 11 = AO7, etc.).  So not the best way to do things but I think it will hold me till I get proper breakout boxes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,388 Views)