Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6289 Troubleshooting

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I have inherited a PCI-6289 in my lab group to run a NI Breakout Box for the purposes of collecting photodetector and trigger data. To do this I have been using a Python script that has worked well until last week. I can no longer run the script or collect data as the terminal tells me it can't find the NIDAQ instrument anymore. I am using the intrumental-lib python module that has worked for the past few months without issue. I believe this is an issue with the PCI-6289 card. If it were an issue with the Breakout Box it would give me an input error that I have seen many times and know how to fix, but this time it fails earlier in the script.

I have checked my drivers and updated them to the latest (NI-DAQmx 18.1). I have also tried transferring the card to another computer with the same results.

Is there a way to diagnose this issue from the PC? I have tried looking through Device Manager but I don't find anything obviously related to PCI-6289. NI MAX doesn't recognise the device but with that only being installed in the latest update for the PC I don't know if it is supposed to show up or not.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,530 Views)

Hello.

Try to unistall NI-MAX (on control panel), DAQmx (control panel too, on NI software) and install DAQmx or VISA to install NI MAX again.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,501 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PancakedRivet

Thanks for the advice, I found a computer with a PCI slot that was able to work so I believe it's a hardware issue with PCI slots on the computer I was using.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,490 Views)

Hi everyone,

Now I have NI PCI-6730. I want to python program to connect and control signal via PCI-6730

Can you help me.

I don't know how way use it

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,097 Views)

@ngvhien - it is not ethical to hijack someone else thread for one's own purpose, please create a separate thread unless you face the same exact problem as described by OP.

Anyway, these are some articles to get started with using DAQmx in Python

https://nspyre.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guides/ni-daqmx.html

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019Pf1SAE&l=en-US

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,084 Views)

I am so sorry

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,078 Views)