From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6289 Task generation timing

I am new to NI so please bear with me.  The hardware is as above, and I am using CVI for my code.

1- The device I am monitor is runing on a 32KHz clock. 

2- I create a task to monitor one of the device output pulse which will happen upon sending a trigger command.  I used one of the AI of the DAQ that continously sample the device output at 100000Hz and 1000 samples per channel.

3- When the device is triggerred it will send out a pulse that can be programmable to last between 10us to 120us.

4- Upon detect the the rising edge of the pulse (which I am able to detect consistently) I generate a DC voltage using one of the AO of the DAQ, measure this output using another AI of the DAQ and then turn off the AO (programmed it back to 0 output)  as soon as the pulse is expired (programable pulse width as stated above in #3)

My quesiton is this: is the DAQ timing will be fast enough to perform all the tasks in #4 within the pulse width that specified?  If you also kindly point me to where I can find the answer how long a task will take for it operation I would appreciate that very much.

My CVI is runing on a Windows 7 machine, 64 bits with 3.16GHz processor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,170 Views)

use elapsed time vi to check this 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,047 Views)

I am using cvi though

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,038 Views)