From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 6251 analog input error

Solved!
Go to solution

I installed PCI 6251 in my newly purchased PC. The PCI card is providing 10.5 V (Attached test panel output for reference) in all analog input channels without connecting any input to connecting board. Clarification in this regard will be helpful. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(768 Views)

Any measurement with the analog inputs floating is not valid. Please try connecting the analog inputs to a known signal or ground and verify the measurement.

Read more here - https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P6TeSAK

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(751 Views)

Thank you so much for your clarification. In my case after connecting 5V external supply to Analog input in both Differential and RSE mode also reading the same voltage of 10.5 V. If i change the range to +/-5 then it reads 5.3V. Analog input seems to read the maximum voltage as saturation.

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(735 Views)
Solution
Accepted by cmvragavan

This seems to be a case of saturated ADC measurements since you tried with an external known voltage source, as the last attempt, please try grounding the AI terminals to AGND and observe if you see close to 0V, if you still observe close to range max, then it is a sign of damaged card and you need to have it repaired or replaced.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(717 Views)