From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6225 Windows driver

We recently purchased a VIA EPIA-M910 motherboard and are testing its suitability for embedding in an instrument. We have been unable to successfully install a driver for a National Instruments PCI-6225 DAQ card, on it. Every time I try, I get one of 2 errors:

Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35).

OR

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)

Does anyone here have any idea what the issue might be? I've gone to the motherboard manufacturer's webpage and made sure that the BIOS and system drivers are up to date already. The NI-DAQ Installer doesn't complain during the installation.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,419 Views)

Hello,

I am a bit confused. You said you "have been unable to successfully install a driver for a National Instruments PCI-6225 DAQ card", but that "The NI-DAQ Installer doesn't complain during the installation".

What operating system are you using? 

What driver and version are you installing

When do you see the errors? Can you post screenshots?

Have you tested if the card works fine in a different motherboard?

Regards

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,369 Views)

Updated DAQ drivers are not the solution. Every device has specific drivers.

You must check the compatibility of device and DAQ version from the given link:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/55084/en/

Choose your device and find specific NI-DAQmx, and download and install that version.

Hopefully, it will work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,098 Views)