From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI_6225 Power Supply Failure

I had a power supply failure in a machine using a NI PCI-6225. After replacing the power supply, Windows xp finds the card and installs the proper driver, but I can't seem to initialize it. Same problem with a PCI-GPIB card in an adjacent slot.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,011 Views)

Hello,

Please give a detalied explaination on what you meant by not being able to "initialize" the device e.g. explain the troubleshooting steps you have taken to determine this issue; or if you are you getting an error message/Error code. Additionally, can you view the device under Devices and Interfaces in Measurement and Automation Explorer? Can you find the device in Windows Device Manager (Data Acquisition Devices) ? i.e. right click on My Computer»Properties»Hardware»Device Manager» Data Acquisition Devices? 

Thank you

Regards,

Ali M

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

Message Edited by Ali M on 03-22-2010 05:26 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,983 Views)

Thanks for responding.  The devices appear in device manager and are reported to be working properly.  However, Measurement and Automation Explorer cannot find them. I have re-installed Measurement and Automation Explorer and drivers. Our custom software (runs on several identical machines) fails trying to intialize the PCI-6225 device.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,973 Views)

Hello,

A possible cause for the device not showing up in Measurement and Automation Explorer (but in the Device Manager) could be due to the NI Device Loader not being started. I have included a link showing a list of steps on how to check for this problem, and also how to start up the device loader.

1. NI Device Loader (nidevldu) and NI Configuration Manager Services Not Starting:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0819391CA91B3EB38625731D00024649?OpenDocument

Regards,

Ali M

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Message Edited by Ali M on 03-24-2010 11:05 AM
Message 4 of 4
(2,956 Views)