From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6221 vs PCI-6010

Solved!
Go to solution

Bonjour

Nous cherchons à utiliser la carte PCI-6221 en lieu et place de la carte PCI-6010 qui est obsolète

Nous utilisons sur la carte PCI-6010 les pins suivantes pour des remontées de signaux :

• 13 => PFI 0
  • 32 => PFI 1
  • 33 => PFI 2

Sur la carte PCI-6221 la correspondance de ces PINs est la même d’après la documentation technique :

Gtiama_0-1580809070989.jpeg

Or nous constatons que les signaux remontés via la PCI-6010 ne remontent pas avec la PCI-6221, sans aucune modification de notre environnement de test (la carte est installée dans le même slot PC).

Pouvez-vous nous svp nous indiquer si un paramétrage est requis pour faire fonctionner la PCI-6221 à l’identique de la PCI-6010 ?

Le cas échéant pouvez-vous nous envoyer la procédure svp ?

Merci pour votre retour

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,067 Views)

Are you using the pins for digital I/O?  The corresponding pinout for the 6010 shows that those PFI pins are used by digital port 0 rather than port 1.  

Or are you using them for counter tasks?  The default PFI pin assignments for counter functions may also be different.   More info here.

You can make it work without cabling changes, but will need to be able to change your task configuration(s).  This may require a small software change, unless the task(s) were defined in MAX.

-Kevin P

image.png

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,035 Views)

Hi Kevin

We are using the PINS for digital I/O

With 6010 we are able to see state change on Port0/line0:5 using the test panel (digital I/O) when we enable input physically

With 6221 we do not see any state change when we check Port1/line0:3 in test panel

What did we miss ?

Thanks

Guillaume

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,991 Views)

I don't think I've ever used a 37-pin version of an M-series boards, but based on the pinouts what you tried should have worked.  I can't think of anything you might have missed.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,988 Views)

Hi Kevin

We are able to see a state change if we apply a 5V pull up voltage (for instance on PIN 32 => PFI 1)
On PCI 6010 we did not need to apply pull up (we measure 3V by default on the same PIN)
Is there a way to configure pull up internally with PCI 6221 on digital inputs ?

Thanks

Guillaume

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,942 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gtiama

I just used MAX to create a *simulated* PCI-6221.  The "Configure..." action brought up a window that allows you to choose a power-up state for your DIO lines or choose to tristate them.   Tristate should be enabled when you know you'll be using these as input lines.  I'm not sure (but you can experiment to see or maybe find the info in the manual) if you also choose a particular power-up line state whether that'll engage any pull-up or pull-down resistors.

-Kevin P

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,940 Views)